Thursday, July 15, 2004

SHOWS, SHOWS and more SHOWS!

This past week, I've had the pleasure of seeing some of my favorite bands - THE STILLS, THE FAME, SLOAN and JET! I dug them so much. Love them! But the highlight for me this week had to be seeing the legendary PRINCE at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night. (He's doing SIX SOLD OUT shows there!!) Yes, I was in the nose-bleed seats but it didn't matter. He had the whole place rocking and it was an amazing show! The set list went a little something like this:

Set One: Full Band
Musicology
Let's Go Crazy
I Would Die 4 U
When Doves Cry
1999 Intro/Baby I'm A Star
Shhhh
Crazy In Love (Beyonce cover)
I Feel For You
Controversy/Housequake
Set Two: Acoustic Set
Little Red Corvette
Cream
Raspberry Beret
Prince And The Band
Black Sweat (?)
Funky Breath/Potato Chip Blues (??)
I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
Adore
Alphabet Street
7
Set Three: Full band
Sign 'O' The Times
The Question Of U/The One/Fallin'
Let's Work
U Got The Look
Whole Lotta Love (Led Zep cover)
Soul Man
Kiss
Take Me With U
Encore
Purple Rain

I've never seen him before and I am now so glad I did. "Purple Rain" has to be one of my fave records of all time! And he did most of the tracks on that record given it was the 20th anniversary of it's release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home