Friday, October 31, 2003

This is hilarious - if you like me has been watching the guilty pleasure that is "Newlyweds - Nick & Jessica" on MTV.
Check this out:
Nick And Jessica

I saw The Strokes last night - they played to a packed house in the Theatre at Madison Square Garden - it was a pretty good show - not exactly mind-blowing though...sorry guys. Julian needs to step it up a notch as the lead guy. The other guys are killer live players but Julian seems to be missing some magic in my humble opnion.

I got to go to backstage and to the after-party - thanks to Shirley, Steven and Michelle...both Fab and Albert remembered me and I chatted with both for a moment. No sign of Fab's lady Drew Barrymore but I spotted Nick's girlfriend Amanda D who used to go out with the one and only John Taylor...also Ben Kweller was hanging with the Kings of Leon dudes at the after-party at Tobacco Road.

It was so smokey in the backroom that I had to leave. I guess I can't take too much cigarette smoke anymore since they banned it in bars...I guess that's a good thing.

OK so I promised a CMJ update - here at least is a list of the bands I caught...

The Killers
Wheat
Ulysees (dude from Apples in Stereo)
Starlight Mints
The Exit
Walter Schreifels & The Motorcycles
The Capitol Years
The Sounds
Earlimart
Broken Social Scene
Robbers On High Street
Patrick Park
Hominid
Vietnam
The Stills (best show I've seen them do so far and the
album is great!)
Echo & The Bunnymen
Singapore Sling
The Fever

My friend Beth met the actor Ed Norton at a show at FEZ - lucky gal!!!!

rock on,
Catonia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home