Wednesday, October 08, 2003

This past weekend was ALL ABOUT the rock!

Friday night was fun. Super Furry Animals were awesome! I love those guys. They even came out in the golden retriever outifts that they were in the videos.

Check out it out here if you haven't seen the video yet


Saturday night was Sparklehorse and R.E.M. at Madison Square Garden. I only got to see about 3 songs by Sparklehorse by the time I got to my seat (20th row on the floor - not too shabby!). R.E.M. were excellent - playing new and old tunes. The stage looked super cool with shiny backdrops and cool lights. Sitting in the row behind me was the actress Mary Louise Parker

My friend Ken Stringfellow (Posies, Saltine) plays with the band so I was able to go to the swanky after-party at the Maritime Hotel. Here's who I spotted at the Matsui Restaurant (10/4): Al Franken, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Macaulay Culkin and Michael Patrick King (Sex & The City) and of course, all 3 members of R.E.M.
Fun, fun, fun!

Then on Sunday night I went to see the one and only electroclash queen Peaches at the Bowery Ballroom! She was awesome. Bjork was there too!

cheers,
Catonia

now playing: Ken Stringfellow new demos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home