Monday, December 12, 2005

TIME FOR MY TOP 10's!

Here goes my Top 10 list for 2005 Albums (in order)

1. Kanye West - Late Registration (Def Jam)
2. Nada Surf - The Weight Is A Gift (Barsuk)
3. Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger (Warp)
4. Queens of the Stoneage - Lullabies to Paralyze (Interscope)
5. Greg Dulli's Amber Headlights (Infernal Recordings)
6. Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better (Domino/Epic)
7. Spoon - Gimme Fiction (Merge)
8. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl (Red Ink/RCA)
9. Talib Kweli - Right About Now (Sure Shot Recordings)
10. New Buffalo - The Last Beautiful Day (Arts & Crafts)

* I wanted to put Feist on there BUT I put it on my 2004 list when it came then in Canada...and I bet that the Wolf Parade album and the Rogue Wave albums would have made the list but I have not heard either of those albums yet...oh well.

And here are my 10 fave singles of the year:

Tom Vek "I Ain't Saying My Goodbyes"
Gwen Stefani "Hollaback Girl" ZAX Word Up Remix
(a mash up with Cameo's Word Up very cool)
Madonna vs. M.I.A. "UR Hung Up" DJ Monster Mo remix
Busta Rymes "Touch It"
Missy Elliott "Lose Control"
Kanye West "Golddigger"
Franz Ferdinand "Do You Want To"
Greg Dulli "So Tight"
Broken Social Scene "7/4 Shoreline"
Foo Fighters "Best Of You"

What music moved you this past year??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Catonia,
Thanks for including my Gwen mix in your Top 10 list! I'm very honored.
DJ ZAX / San Francisco
www.djzax.com

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home