Wednesday, May 05, 2004

CRAZY FROM THE HEAT!!!

I just got back from the Coachella music festival. Wow - what fun but man was it H-O-T! The temperature on both Sat and Sun in the desert near Palm Springs was 105 to 110 degrees!

While hanging in the crowd and in the VIP tent - I saw lots of old music biz friends, new music biz friends and even spotted a few celebrities:

Jared Leto
Mischa Barton from the popular tv show The O.C.
Neve Campbell
Alicia Silverstone
Perry Ferrell from Jane's Addiction and his hot Asian girlfriend
Johnny Knoxville (he remembered meeting me in Austin and actually hugged me!)
Fred Schneider from the B-52's
Andy Dick

Spoke to Wayne, Stephen and Michael from one of my fave bands THE FLAMING LIPS!
(I've met them before in Toronto, LA, NYC, Detroit, Austin and Tokyo).

Also hung with some Canadian musicians - the lads from Sum 41, Broken Social Scene, Our Lady Peace and The Stills.

Also spent some time with Jason Falkner (ex of Jellyfish and The Grays), Chris Holmes (ex of Yum Yum) and Ben Kweller.

And my highlight had to be having a glass of champagne with Roger from The Cure and his lovely talented girlfriend Erin Lang after The Cure's headlining set on Sunday night.

The festival even made the gossip pages:
Another Page Six item

And these are the bands I saw:

International Noise Conspiracy
Junior Senior
The Pixies
Radiohead
Phantom Planet
The Thrills
Atmosphere
Thursday
2ManyDJ's
The Flaming Lips
Air
The Cure

rock on,
Catonia