Thursday, January 22, 2004

My new FAVE band is
FRANZ FERDINAND!!!!!!!
- a wicked 4 piece from Scotland. They play revved-up melodic new wave rock 'n' roll that sounds like The Fall at times and like vintage Elvis Costello at others.

I went to go see them the other night at Northsix with my friend Steve. It was so good! Each song was better than the one before. The place was packed and everyone LOVED them! And there were tons of A&R people there including the legendary Seymour Stein (he of Sire Records fame - Madonna, Talking Heads, Ramones, etc.)!

My friends Beth, Veronica, Carmelita and Steve and I hung with the band, their manager and label folk after the gig. I talked to Alex the lead singer for a while. He was great!!

Don't miss their next show if you live in NY FEB 19th at the
Bowery Ballroom. The NME in the UK put them on the cover recently and claimed them the next big thing! I think this time they might be right!

And I love this! Uber indie label Sub Pop Records makes fun of pitchforkmedia.com - a snobby music website. It's hilarious! Can you spot the real one?

Sub Pop

pitchforkmedia.com

I'm off tomorrow to Cannes, London and Paris for a week...don't miss me too much!

rock on,
Catonia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home